An undergraduate project is a 10 credit mandatory course, in which the Level 4 students research, design and develop a solution in groups of 4, to achieve the project goals. Expected outcome is a working prototype that involves R&D in all hardware, firmware and software aspects. Quality of our undergraduates is reflected in the fact that all projects of the last batch surpassed the requirements.
Listed below are some of the recent & ongoing Final Year Undergraduate Projects.
- Telesurgery Robot Manipulator
- Pneumatic Limb Pump System
- Centralized Traffic Control System for Sri Lanka Railways
- Remote Monitoring and Controlling System for Ambatale Water Purification
- Plant Bio-Feedback Muscle Trainer
- Intelligent Telesensors
- Mobile Robot Cruise Controller
- Automatic Meter Reading System using Powerline Communication
- Development of a low cost PLC for Local Industries
- Telerobotic Manipulator
- Minimal Invasive HeadBand for Brainwave Interfacing and Analysis
- Remote Supervision and Control of Water Distribution Network of National Water Supply and Drainage Board
- Low Cost Semi-Autonomous Wheel Chair
- Spatial Neuro-navigation System
- E-Voting System
Many projects are sponsored by the industry. Some of them even seek to address issues faced by the industry.
Any project ideas/ sponsorships from Sri Lankan industry are welcome.
Contact: info @ ent.mrt.ac.lk